Thursday 10 April 2014

Tinseling Thursday XV

Let's bring up some veterans to tinsel up our thursday!
How about Eno • Hyde
Famous producers/musicians Brian (Peter George St. John le Baptiste de la Salle)Eno and Karl Hyde (Underworld) will release a new collaborative album on may the 6th (5th in the UK)called "Someday World". Yesterday I heard the song Daddy's Car and I became very happy! Nice uptempo song, nice drums, nice baseline, nice vocals by Karl.... well let's hit it! I love it, it was the second song they shared with us after "The Satellites" which was also impressive but (like someone commented on the video), with very "cheesy horns" and I must admit. It sounds like they found a second hand 80's Roland Juno in the studio's cellar. But okay that's what I like, more cheesiness in todays music! The song was composed and sung by both Eno and Hyde. It features Eno's Roxy Music bandmate Andy Mackay, Eno's daughter Darla Eno, Sinead O'Connor producer John Reynolds, the record's co-producer Fred Gibson, and Georgia Gibson.

I always admired Brian Eno for his minimalistic music and the projects he did as a producer. Karl Hyde's last album Edgeland is also more moving towards that minimal approach so I thought this collaboration would be also very loungy/chilling/esoteric but wrong I was :) Here's Karl Hyde's song from that Edgeland album "The Night Slips Us Smiling Underneath It's Dress"

No comments:

Post a Comment