Friday 14 September 2012

Fiddles on Friday 1

Welcome, this is my first post on this blog, congrats if you read this, you've made it. In this virtual world stacked with classy or useless blogs about music you ended up on this one...if you like it or not. I'm honoured. My aim is to post a daily song (weekdays) on this blog. Every weekday has a theme and I start with FIDDLES ON FRIDAY. Songs with nice violin or string parts. And when I think about violins I think ANDREW BIRD, one of my favourite musicians, He comes from Chicago and he's a phenomenon on the violin. He often uses a loopstation to place layer upon layer, sometimes pizzicato like a banjo sometimes different long strikes so it seems like a whole string orchestra is playing. Oh yeah did I mention he's a fantastic whistler too?
For Dark Sounds, Bird collaborated with sculptor, inventor, and luthier Ian Schneller to present Sonic Arboretum, a site-specific performance involving violin, looped passages, and a landscape of speaker horns. Here is the video of this wonderful gig in the Guggenheim museum in New York. ANDREW BIRD - SECTION 8 CITY And here you can hear the song "Lull ".

No comments:

Post a Comment